Monthly Archives: March 2013

Voice control now working!

I completed my projects to implement an English-like language to control my home automation devices, and to configure everything with an XML file, so the next step was voice control. This proved remarkably easy. I made a few modifications to … Continue reading

Posted in Home automation | Tagged , , | Leave a comment

Home automation informal ontology

I am now implementing the language for controlling my home automation, and need to sort out the ontology a bit. The classes in my ontology are: area – an area of a house or garden, e.g floor or room device … Continue reading

Posted in Home automation | Tagged , , | 1 Comment

Home automation configuration and language

I have now implemented an XML configuration file for ORControl. It describes the hierarchy of home automation objects and devices describing floor containing rooms and rooms containing windows, doors, radiators, sockets, lights, appliances, sensors etc, and windows having blinds, switches … Continue reading

Posted in Home automation | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Turning ORControl into a product

I have been tidying up and refactoring the code for ORControl. I will put it in Github soon. I am considering turning it into a open source product that others can use. What sort of product would it be and … Continue reading

Posted in Home automation | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , | 3 Comments

Phone integration again

Now that the authrs of AutomateIt have added the background URL feature, I have been able to integrate my mobile phone with my home automation system. ORcontrol now copes reasonably well with HTTP requests and returns a valid response. So … Continue reading

Posted in Home automation | Tagged , , , , , | Leave a comment

Powermat wireless charging

I bought a Powermat wireless charger and two universal receivers for it. These were very cheap as the device has now been discontinued as it does not support the Qi standard and so will not charge the latest phones like … Continue reading

Posted in gadgets | Tagged , | Leave a comment

A few updates

There are a few minor things that I have recently updated on my home automation system. COSM was occasionally giving a Bad Gateway response and JCosmAPI was not recovering from this. It gave an error on every subsequent call. I … Continue reading

Posted in Home automation | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment