I have been tidying up and refactoring the code for ORControl. I will put it in Github soon.
I am considering turning it into a open source product that others can use.
What sort of product would it be and what would its features be?
I think I would position it as an add-on server for use with OpenRemote, whose main feature is control of LightwaveRF devices without the use of the Wifi link. It is also to some extent a free-standing web server for controlling home automation devices, but its capabilities are limited for this.
What are its features:
- Control of LightwaveRF devices (without Wifi link)
- Control of EDF or CurrentCost Individual Appliance Monitors
- Control of TVs etc by by inrfared using an RF to IR gateway
- Control of IP cameras
- Email alerts
- Voice synthesis and spoken alerts
- Control of a Spotfy music server
- Phone integration using AutomateIt
- Google calendar integration
- Integration with Jeenode and Home Automation Hub room server
- Indoor plant soil moisture control monitoring
- Appliance monitoring and control using EDF IAMs
- Integration with Open Energy Monitor emonTx
- COSM integration
- Room occupancy monitoring
- Turtlebot robot control?
It would take quite a bit of work to make it easily installable as a server, and to make each of the features optional and configurable, but I think I will start moving it in that direction.
The project might be more interesting to people when I get round to adding extra features such as control of blinds, heating control, integration with alarm systems, door bell integration, voice control and gesture control.